NDA's

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 21:02:56 UTC 2001

John Peter Tapsell <tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk> writes:

> I'm 19, and a company wants me to sign a particulary horrible NDA for me to
> do about 1 week of evening work :(

I'd ask what was particularly offensive about this NDA, but NDAs
normally prevent you from discussing the contents of the NDAs with
people not covered by it...

I hate them, but we have to use them sometimes.  At least we have two
strengths of NDA: mild and very specific; or the "you say anything and
we own you and your little dog too".  I only recall using the latter
type once.

If anyone has pointers or suggestions on how to safely conduct the
sort of business transactions usually covered by NDAs without using
them, I'd love to hear them.

--
MJR

Do you need advice about the Internet or particular net services?  Why
not talk to my employers?  See http://www.luminas.co.uk/ for details.