FYI: Free Software in the UK

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Wed Nov 21 15:41:28 UTC 2001

Hi all,

just to let you know: I spent the last weekend in Birmingham where
Marc Eberhard organized a meeting of Free Software people willing to
work on getting the FSF Europe to the UK. A summary of the items
discussed/planned has been posted to fsfe-uk at gnu.org by Alex Hudson.

Since the UK Free Software community seems to have been relatively
isolated, most people never met before; so this was more or less the
first true Free Software meeting in the UK.

The meeting was quite successful, so it is possible we will hear good
news from the UK within the next months.

Everyone interested in the UK activities or in taking the proceedings
as an example of how to bring the FSF Europe to other countries should
take a look at the fsfe-uk at gnu.org mailing list archives. The web