The FSF Europe recommends: avoid SourceForge

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Nov 15 16:00:00 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "phil hunt" <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk>
To: <discussion at fsfeurope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: The FSF Europe recommends: avoid SourceForge

> On Wednesday 14 November 2001  3:29 am, MJ Ray wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > > I think it would be more effective if you didn't come across so
> > > extreme.
> >
> > Sorry, I meant death on a corporate level, not a personal one.
>
> Sure, but even that's too harsh, IMO.
>
> (Now if you'd said you wanted to see Microsoft bankrupt... :-))

so it's one rule for the monopolist, and another for everyone else?  how can
the community be seen to be operating on a professional level when this
persistent attitude exists of "kill bill gates" and "destroy microsoft" (or
similar derogatory terms) ...

Instead of constantly slurring the guy and his corporation, why not create
better, faster, stronger tools (sorry to plagiarise Six Million Dollar Man
there) and software, and intelligently promote them, instead of all this
Microsoft-bashing ... most people I know who work in the lower echelons of
Microsoft society are good people - they're not _all_ as bad as is made out
at times.

I just noticed MJ's response to you ... it's the bloody Judean People's
Front!!

--
 _ __   ___ _   _ _ __ ___ @well.com  William Anderson www.well.com/~neuro
| '_ \ / _ \ | | | '__/ _ \  "The thing I love most about deadlines is the
|_| |_|\___|\__,_|_|  \___/        go past." - Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)