The FSF Europe recommends: avoid SourceForge

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 14:40:04 UTC 2001

> We posted it to our lists & web site; Loic additionally posted it to
> Advogato.org. We had no part in posting it anywhere else although I've
> seen it featured in other places like slashdot.

Sorry, Georg, this is not completely true.  The LinuxFR story says "Posté
par Loic Dachary." I ask again: where else has it been submitted?

What did FSFEurope hope to achieve here?  Do they feel that this has been
the most effective and efficient way to achieve it?

If it was just to create fear, uncertainty and doubt about VA centralising
hosting, then was that a noble aim?  If it was to try to get a bit more
balance in the distribution of open project hosting, I think there are
better ways to do it and you should publically declare your support for some
of them.  It would restore my dented faith in you.

Yeah, I'm going off the deep end here, but this thing stinks.
--
MJR