The FSF Europe recommends: avoid SourceForge

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Tue Nov 13 10:13:03 UTC 2001

 || On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 01:33:31 +0000
 || MJ Ray <markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

 mr> Please tell me that the places I've seen it so far (advogato,
 mr> /. and here) are the only propagation and that FSFE will close
 mr> down this issue and do something productive instead?

We posted it to our lists & web site; Loic additionally posted it to
Advogato.org. We had no part in posting it anywhere else although I've
seen it featured in other places like slashdot.

The amount of reaction seems to show that this was a sensitive point
and one that was important to be made. When a community becomes so
dependent on a single resource controlled by a single company, it
becomes necessary to raise questions.

Loic raised valid questions and only got insufficient answers, so he
raised them publicly.

Regards,
Georg

--