"We speak about Free Software" (finally)

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Mon Nov 12 16:07:54 UTC 2001

 || On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:51:42 +0000
 || MJ Ray <markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

 >> If you know companies that would like to co-sign the campaign,
 >> please refer them to the web page and ask them to get in touch
 >> with team at fsfeurope.org.

 mr> Certainly.  What do we need to do?  Just say "yes, we support
 mr> it"?  Are there html badges, link graphics, etc, or do you want
 mr> us to submit them?

Essentially only a statement by the company saying "yes, we want to
support this campaign." Of course they should actually be using the
term Free Software - otherwise it would be kind of pointless.

We will put the name of the company on the web page.

Since the FSF Europe cannot link to sites promoting proprietary
software, the company would have to assure us that if they give us a
URL, this link will not lead to proprietary software. If they do, we
will make the company name a link to that URL.

Next Monday the FSF Europe will push out the campaign through its
press channels and of course all signing companies are encouraged to
do the same and link to the campaign on their web page.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve at fsfeurope.org>