about warez.at

Giovanni Biscuolo - Xelera g at xelera.it
Fri Nov 9 23:15:48 UTC 2001

Simo Sorce wrote:

> "Stefano Maffulli (by way of Stefano Maffulli )" wrote:
> > Now that I think about it, isn't there in Germany a tax on cd-writers for
> > compensating software companies and the record industry for illegal copies?
> > Who do you think "suggested" that law? I am suspicious by nature :)
> >
> I'm not sure it is really true, but seeing a television programme here in italy
> ("report") about SIAE I came to know that in Italy you pay a tax on blank cd-rom
> and cd-rw to SIAE (10% I think) for the same reason people pay it for cd-writers
> in germany.

Actually, it is not true.
"Report" said here in Italy we pay a tax on blank tapes to compensate
the
record industry for the loss of original music tapes selling. (is it
english!?)
This is not the case for CD-R/CD-RW because they are also for data
storage.

> That's just incredible (I use CD-rom's for backup only) but seem true.

CiaoG.
--
Art and science are free and free is their teaching [IT Const., art.33]
Associazione Culturale MiLUG      | Xelera
maito:giovanni.biscuolo at milug.org | mailto: g at xelera.it