SmoothWall facts

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Nov 8 19:22:03 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Peter Tapsell" <tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk>
To: <discussion at fsfeurope.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: SmoothWall facts

> Don't even get me started on smoothwall
>
> too late..
>
> Smoothwall is GPL'ed.  They (Richard fscking moral) tried to take out of
GPL,
> but couldn't find a way to do so.  This was about the time he fell out
with
> RMS and linus.. oh and about a year later got kicked out of valinux..

As did quite a lot of people.

> From
> then, Smoothwall kinda deteriorated.  Oh, and while I'm at it, I don't
like
> his company Research Machines and the total crap they overcharge to
primary
> schools.

I doubt Richard Morrell has anything to do with Research Machines - if he
does/did, I doubt he had anything to do with any charge rates to primary
schools.  Or are you just mistakenly associating the initials with each
other?  Or are you also being sarcastic?

> hmm, I did have a lot more to say, but most of it was personal attacks
> against richard moral. so I'll drop it now.

Hmmm ... Can I take this opportunity here to state that Richard has dealt
with FSF and FSFE (and is still dealing with FSF today) wrt a variety of
challenges and complaints laid towards us, and in all respects we have very
quickly cleared up any issues, or have been shown to be compliant with GPL
... I fail to see what further attacks and insults can do to forward any
SmoothWall / free software / FSFE discussion on anything resembling a
professional level ...

--
 _ __   ___ _   _ _ __ ___ @well.com  William Anderson www.well.com/~neuro
| '_ \ / _ \ | | | '__/ _ \  "The thing I love most about deadlines is the
|_| |_|\___|\__,_|_|  \___/        go past." - Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)