Creation of a mailing-list to send news of FSF France

Olivier Berger oberger at april.org
Tue May 29 20:42:23 UTC 2001

Jan-Oliver Wagner a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 10:58:20PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> > The news feed of FSF France which can be found on the web at
>
> just curious to know: is FSF France the same as FSF
> Europe Chapter France or something different?

Absolutely the same. Just a simpler way to mention this organization.

> If it is the same we should avoid to use terms like
> FSF France, FSF Germany to have FSF Europe known as focal
> point for European Free Software issues in general.
>
> If FSF Europe is meant to be the backbone for the national
> chapters and not meant to be a contact point to the public,
> the story is different, of course.

Well actually, that's more a backbone in what I can understand the
structure of the FSFE...

Actually, the name means the same thing but is easier to understand when
you speak about FSF <country>.

It might be wiser to use the "European" oriented version if you want to
emphasize the importance of the organization and it's influence... and
the country version when you want to stand closer to the people you're
speaking to ?
It depends mostly on whom you're talking to.

Any other comments ?

Any official policy ?
--
Olivier BERGER - Secrétaire de l'association APRIL
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)