FSF Europe - Chapter France activity report

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu May 24 19:06:39 UTC 2001

	Provide help to GNU (or future GNU) with various issues related to
	integration in the GNU project, mailing list handling, customs,
	getting accounts etc.

I am not sure what this means.  What are they trying to help people
do?  Help people use GNU and GNU/Linux?

	Unisys was asked to produce a report about Free Software, costs
	and benefits by the European Commission. The study lacks
	participation of people involved in the Free Software movement and
	the FSF Europe offers help to fix this.

Unisys is an especially bad choice for this, since (I am told) the
main business of Unisys nowadays is to be a patent parasite, using the
LZW patent.  They continue to block free software from supporting GIF
format.

So asking Unisys to do this report is like asking the IMF to make a
report on how to end poverty.