RfD: FSFe-education [FSFE projects]

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Wed May 23 09:23:21 UTC 2001

On 23 May 2001 10:52:49 +0200
Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de> wrote:

Bernhard> Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire at ext.cri74.org> writes:
Bernhard>
Bernhard> > 2. there is some GPL compatibility problem with Python > 1.6 license and the GPL
Bernhard> > (however there is hope this will be fixed soon)
Bernhard>
Bernhard> Apparently it is already fixed. Guido recently checked in some changes
Bernhard> to the LICENSE file with the comment "Make the license GPL-compatible.".
Bernhard> See
Bernhard> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python/python/dist/src/LICENSE
Bernhard>
Bernhard> If I read that correctly the two mainenance releases (for 2.0 and 2.1)

Fine, the only thing I know to date was  http://www.python.org/2.1/fsf.html.
This was in April.
We should wait for the final word from the FSF attorney about the very recent change
in the LICENSE.
This is very good to see Guido is doing what required to fix the things

Hilaire

--
OFSET - Organization for Free Software in Education and Teaching
http://www.ofset.org