Free Software in Education - Next Steps

Kristian A. Rink afterimage at gmx.net
Tue May 22 20:08:48 UTC 2001

And "Georg C. F. Greve" <greve at gnu.org> gave word to the following
thoughts:

>The roadmap to this as we see it right now would be to first gather as
>many initiatives active in this field and then get a round table (or
>even a conference) organized where all the activists can meet and talk
>to each other.
>
>This meeting can be used to share experiences in the field and to
>plan concrete strategies to propagate Free Software in the educational
>sector.
>
>In order to make the first step, a mailing list
>
>  <edu at fsfeurope.org>
>
>has been created that you can subscribe to using the web form at

IMHO, this is a very important step by now, and it wasn't taken any minute
too soon. Already subscribed, hope this list will be very vital since I
think that, having more influence in educational field is one of the most
*major* goals the free software movement should aim for. Hope for a very
productive work on this. :

Regards,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink
-->GNU/Linux && BSD Networking, Server, Security<--

...meine seele flieht zurueck,
...bis wo vor tausend vergessenen jahren
...der vogel und der wehende wind
...mir aehnlich und meine brueder waren.
(hermann hesse)