T-Shirt

Anja Gerwinski anja at 44615166.theo-phys.uni-essen.de
Mon May 21 23:38:15 UTC 2001

Hi Marc and all!

Marc Eberhard wrote on May 21, 2001 at 08:12AM +0100:
> > details is no longer the primary issue. I collected the three versions
> > you already know along with a couple of variations on one of them and
> > links to actual gnu images on the following page:
>
> ... again, could you please be so kind to number them. Thanks!

OK

> > Please let me know which image you prefer (or combinations of them).
> > I will try to incorporate your preferences into the final version.
>
> I like the rightmost one of the original logo proposals best. The map in the
> background and the text around look really good.

Just to be sure there is no misunderstanding: The image with map and
Latin motto currently serves as a sample only. Please look at the gnu
sketches only for the moment and tell me which looks most gnu-ish to
you. The final version will have map, drop shadow and motto, too, but
at the moment, I am working on the line art part since this is the
central element.

> I wonder, if we could use a
> real picture of Europe from a satellite, similar to the ones on the xplanet
> home page (http://xplanet.sourceforge.net/) instead of the single color map.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

> PS: Which free software program will you use, to create the vector version
>     of it? Guess, you're not going to edit a postscript file by hand as I
>     usually do it. :-(

I am using xfig and / or sketch with and without autotrace (with and
without pstoedit). Each has have some advantages and disadvantages.
I can tell you afterwards which of them I used mostly.

  http://homepages.go.com/~martweb/AutoTrace.htm
  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/1958/pstoedit/
  http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
  http://www.xfig.org/

Kudos to Frank Heckenbach for much appreciated help with autotrace :-)

Regards,

  Anja

--
   _    Dipl.-Phys. Anja Gerwinski   *  Universitaet Essen  *  Germany
  0v0   Essener Linux User Group:                  http://www.elug.de/