T-Shirt

Marc Eberhard m.a.eberhard at aston.ac.uk
Mon May 21 07:12:42 UTC 2001

Dear Anja!

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 03:04:29AM +0200, Anja Gerwinski wrote:
> I appreciate this as a sign of good will. However, I am going to
> donate it to the FSFE and to everyone who wants to support Free
> Software in Europe. The vector version will be published under a
> GPL-style licence, so you can either wear an "official" FSFE t-shirt
> or print your own (allowing for individual size / color / style /
> whatever).

:-)))

> details is no longer the primary issue. I collected the three versions
> you already know along with a couple of variations on one of them and
> links to actual gnu images on the following page:

... again, could you please be so kind to number them. Thanks!

> Please let me know which image you prefer (or combinations of them).
> I will try to incorporate your preferences into the final version.

I like the rightmost one of the original logo proposals best. The map in the
background and the text around look really good. I wonder, if we could use a
real picture of Europe from a satellite, similar to the ones on the xplanet
home page (http://xplanet.sourceforge.net/) instead of the single color map.
And yes, since it is no logo anymore, the gnu and Europa could include more
details. But it might well be too, that the more simpler version actually
looks better.

Bye,
Marc

PS: Which free software program will you use, to create the vector version
    of it? Guess, you're not going to edit a postscript file by hand as I
    usually do it. :-(

email: marc at greenie.net
email: m.a.eberhard at aston.ac.uk, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/