FSFE projects [was: T-shirts]

Gerhard Poul gpoul at gnu.org
Mon May 21 06:37:40 UTC 2001

> >Invite some teachers and _discuss_ the use of free software
> Good idea, but most teachers are (as far as I know) educated at a federal
> level. And usually support for school ICT projects (at least here in
> Belgium) is very dependent on corporate sponsoring. IMHO, we should try to
> lobby the countries and not influence the teachers, who represent the blind
> mass.

I don't know how it is in other countries but I don't think that someone
can force the teachers to use windows. - If a school switches a computer
lab to linux, so what? If they use linux instead of windows for
wordprocessing or editing source, who cares?

As I said, I don't know how this is handled in other countries.

Location Info of the writer: Vienna, Austria.

s/linux/GNU\/Linux/g