de.comp.gnu newsgroup: deletion RfD

Peter Gerwinski peter at gerwinski.de
Fri May 18 20:13:04 UTC 2001

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> This raises the question of where an how
> the FSFE and the GNU project can be represented and discussed
> in the German speaking newsgroups.

We must be present in de.comp.gnu. It is "our" newsgroup in the
German-speaking world.

> And of course in newgroups in other european languages in general.

Agreed.

> News (nntp) seems to be a very sofisticated tool which we should
> use more to have good discussions.

Indeed. I used to be active in the newsgroups in the past, but
unfortunately I have no more time for this very interesting field.

As a first step I suggest that we forward the German versions of our
announcements to that newsgroup. Someone must be present there, so
we can jump in if there are important discussions. (This can be the
same person who posts the announcements there.)

If anyone would take that job, it would be a good possibility to
show that there is an active group furthering Free Software in
Europe.

    Peter

--
http://home.pages.de/~Peter.Gerwinski/ - G-N-U GmbH: http://www.g-n-u.de