peter at gerwinski.de
Wed May 16 17:57:23 UTC 2001
> Information wants to be free.
I still think that this points to the right direction.
I have the following vision:
* We have computers and the Internet. Information can be copied
and spread at minimal costs.
* The legal structures we are confronted with (copyright law, etc.
- "intellectual property") are still the old ones which have
been appropriate in the world of the past.
* Free Software is the new structure which is appropriate for the
world we have today.
* Those who ignore the new structure (by "protecting" their
information against "illegal" copying - see DeCSS for an
example) will be wiped away sooner or later, because the old
structure is against the nature of the new world.
* Those who understand the new structure (= Free Software) can
benefit from it.
If we find a slogan that expresses all this in a few words, I think
that it can attract the attention of many people to our information
material who would perhaps otherwise think "Free Software? That's
not for me."
Just my 2 Centieuro,
http://home.pages.de/~Peter.Gerwinski/ - G-N-U GmbH: http://www.g-n-u.de
Maintainer GNU Pascal - http://home.pages.de/~GNU-Pascal/ - gpc-20010512
GnuPG key fingerprint: 9E7C 0FC4 8A62 5536 1730 A932 9834 65DB 2143 9422
keys: http://www.gerwinski.de/pubkeys/ - AntiSpam: http://spam.abuse.net
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 249 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Discussion