Development project to visualize the vitality of the developers community

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Wed May 16 08:31:19 UTC 2001

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 01:12:16AM +0200, Frank de Lange wrote:
> There is a nice system which does mapping from IP to geo coordinates: netgeo.
> It us used for several projects I know of, eg. the Folding at home project
> (http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/Cosm/maps.html). You can find netgeo
> at CAIDA:
>
> http://www.caida.org/tools/utilities/netgeo/

it is not free software and IMO (as I understand the web page)
it will not become free software.
There are two free software web mapping applications:
MapServer (MIT License) and MapIt! (LGPL).
The latter is designed to present points of interest
on raster maps. The first is a full-blown application.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/index.html
http://www.mapit.de/

Cheers

	Jan