Slogan

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Wed May 16 08:07:20 UTC 2001

 || On Wed, 16 May 2001 08:45:16 +0100
 || "Jaime E . Villate" <villate at fe.up.pt> wrote:

 >> My personal opinion: I do not understand this slogan, and I would
 >> like to replace it by something entirely different.

 jev> ...

 jev> Keep in mind that we are not discussing what the slogan should
 jev> say, but just the correct way of saying what is currently trying
 jev> to say.

I would like to agree with Peter. We need a better slogan for the web
site.

The "equal chances" one is merely on there because I felt we should
get rid of the "consciousness of software" one as soon as possible
since it sounds very much like the raised finger and is likely to turn
people away that don't know about Free Software already. It was never
intended as the final solution, however.

So we are looking for a simple to understand slogan that won't turn
people away because it raises the moral finger and that expresses an
important aspect of Free Software.

Does anyone have a good idea?

Regards,
                Georg