Software Patents

Tom E. Turner tom at gnu.org
Sun May 13 21:10:35 UTC 2001

   Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 16:31:59 +0200

   Tom E. Turner writes:
    > How about doing  mirror on
    > The League for Programming Freedom
    > web site at http://lpf.ai.mit.edu?

           That would be an idea. I'm concerned by the fact that lpf is
   bound to Free Software. There is no point mirroring information other
   than doing it in such a way that it's not linked to Free Software.
   I'm under the impression that the lpf is very much associated to the
   Free Software movement. Am I wrong ?

The League for Programming Freedom was founded in 1989 to fight Apple and
Lotus "look and feel" software user-interface patents.  Legally the LPF is
independent from the FSF and GNU.  See http://lpf.ai.mit.edu/History/history.html

I am moving the lpf.ai.mit.edu site to a faster IBM PC soon and
will search and build a list-of-links such as...

Google's at
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Issues/Intellectual_Property/Patents/
And Bitlaw's at
http://www.bitlaw.com/software-patent/index.html