Software Patents

loic at gnu.org loic at gnu.org
Sat May 12 08:58:19 UTC 2001

	Hi,

	Here is what I plan to do regarding software patents. This choice
is dictated by 4 reasons : 1) petition.eurolinux.org is alive, 2) creating
a domain name that is not bound to Free Software is a necessary step,
3) contributing a calendar is not a hard job, 4) all this can be done
within a week.

	I do not say these are the most important things to do. I think
these are good things to do and can be done fast.

	- Contribute some content to petition.eurolinux.org
	  (Calendar of past and future events)

	- Sort the content of the patent-examples at gnu.org list and
	  insert them in the petition.eurolinux.org database for
	  easier access.

	- Create the domaine nosoftwarepatents.org

	- Duplicate content from petition.eurolinux.org on
          nosoftwarepatents.org

	- Mirror the content of nosoftwarepatents.org on fsfeurope.org
          + gnu.org

	Your comments are welcome.

Loic   Dachary         http://www.dachary.org/  loic at dachary.org
24 av Secretan         http://www.senga.org/      loic at senga.org