Why T-shirts are essential.

Lord Alistair Davidson, part time deity lord_inh at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 10 09:54:18 UTC 2001

"Kim Bruning (seperate for lists)" wrote:

> Another reason T-shirts are essential? You can't take any kind of
> Hacker-level initiative very seriously unless they hand out T-shirts. If
> you look at it this way, the whole mess with Anjas art is really terrible!
> ;-)

More seriously, it's all about branding. Is anyone else familiar with
modern marketing techniques?

Every time someone sees our logo, be it on a website or a letterhead or
a tshirt, that reinforces our brand in their minds. It's like
advertising. T-shirts are advertising that not only pays for itself, but
is potentially a source of revenue for us! (albeit a limited one next to
donations etc)

First of all you get people thinking, "What is the FSFE?", then you
teach them what we are. This actually touches on the logo issue- it
needs to look modern, futuristic even. People need to think "the FSFE is
the Future". Associations with freedom would also be good.

--
Lord [INSERT NAME HERE]
"I can't do everything / But I'd do anything for you. / I can't do