T-shirts

E L Tonkin py7elt at bath.ac.uk
Wed May 9 15:06:59 UTC 2001

Okay, who's done t-shirt printing on a large scale before?

The prices I see for it are:

Adult standard weight tshirts:
For less than 12: 6.50UKP (65FF, about 20DM, about 10 Euros)
For over 500 copies: 3.00 (30FF, about 9DM, about 5 Euros

Nice heavyweight ones, add about 1UKP (10FF, 3DM, 1.5ish Euros) to the
cost. Long sleeved, about the same. Sweatshirts, poloshirts, hooded tops,
etc, also possible, as are baseball caps (6UKP per cap for under 12
copies, under 3UKP for over 300...)

(These prices are from www.carillion.uk.com)...

Possibly not the cheapest, and one wold have to add a bit for postage
within Europe. But you get the idea. Oh, and you have to pay initial setup
charges.

So to set up this theoretical tshirt printing, ladies and gentlemen, a few
things are required:
1) to get as many requests as possible since it gets cheap fast
2) to sort out payment (somehow)
3) to find initial capital to the tune of...
40 UKP setup + several hundred pounds capital in order to pay for the
printing + maybe 30 UKP for delivery. Any ideas where to get that?

We could have these printed for LinuxTag: I'm sure they'd sell.

  ;-)

em

// OLDSIG "All bad art is the result of good intentions." - Oscar Wilde

/* START NEWSIG */ Processor: (n.) a device for converting sense to
nonsense at the speed of electricity, or (rarely) the reverse.  - Tonkin's
First Computer Dictionary