Logo timeline

josX joshb at xs4all.nl
Wed May 9 06:40:35 UTC 2001

> Dear friends of the FSFE,
> I have taken the task to tell you the latest news about=20
> how we hope to have a logo for the FSFE soon.
> There has been quite some discussion within the core team.
> We like to take the opportunity to again thank everybody who
> contributed to the effort. Every idea and draft was useful for us
> and needed so that we could make up our mind about coming up with a
> logo which is best for the the FSFE.
> Up to now a couple of logos have been ruled out so far by members of the
> core team who feel strongly about not choosing such a logo:
> 	- Anja's "GNU and Europe" is vetoed=20
                                  ^^^^^^^^^
> 		http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~anja/gnu/
> 	- The "GNU" logo (which was also temporarily used on
> 	fsfeurope.org) is vetoed
                       ^^^^^^^^^
<snp>

You are kidding, right ;-)!

You know what I think about you FSF-E?
You are here for the money, and for the power too.

Press release: ""this is the source for ```Authorative''' information
regarding free software in Europe?????"
The non-democratic core-team has spoken it's veto.... and GEE this is the
FIRST dicesion you ever make !!! so we can get used to your dominance
soon?

You are not hackers, you are not free software, you are a bunch of shrude
managers seeking to exploit free software. A big villa huh? with a nice
garden huh? expensive restaurant? .... I see you put your money where you
mouth is... /literaly/, not figuratively. Why don't you sell the villa to
generate funds so we can buy computers for the kernel-hackers? Why don't
you use that money to start printing free stickers to be given away
wherever possible etc etc etc?

Don't think you can kid everyone.

Jos