press release critique

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Thu May 3 22:21:33 UTC 2001

On Thu, 03 May 2001 21:01:54 +0200
josX <joshb at xs4all.nl> wrote:

josX>
josX> > Xavier Drudis Ferran <xdrudis at tinet.org> wrote:
josX> > El Wed, May 02, 2001 at 09:26:12PM +0200, josX deia:
josX> > > Agree 100%
josX> > > Wavering away from RMS mostly results in chaos, does it not ;-) ?
josX> > Possibly. RMS has spent a lot of time thinking these things, in a
josX> > quite rational way, and he is as clever as anyone, so anyone thinking
josX> <...snip to safe bandwith ;-)>
josX>
josX> I see we are on the same track. Great.
josX>
josX> I am not against making money off of free software to the extent that
josX> is reasonable, but I argue it should be seen as being a side-show to the

Instead I think we should make as much money as possible with free software,
by that way we can:

1. develop more free software and make even more money
2. there is too much money spend in proprietary software, spending this
money in free software could ensure even more free software

As long as this is GPL, this should not be problem. We can not probably say
the same using the LGPL that can pervert the process.

Hilaire

--
OFSET - Organization for Free Software in Education and Teaching
http://www.ofset.org