UK again// was Re: press release critique

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Thu May 3 12:08:53 UTC 2001

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:31:36AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> How far are things going with this?  I was trying to talk to UKUUG,
> but my emails are unanswered.  Perhaps setting up another organisation
> is a better idea.  Can anyone provide the UK interested people with a
> mailing list so that we can figure out what to do, please?

UKUUG isn't a Free Software organisation, they deal with UNIX of all sorts
(HP-UX, Solaris, et al), and probably are not suitable to be closely
associated with the FSFE - the goals and ideals are widely different.

We already know there is a lot of interest in a FSFE chapter for the UK -
I'm sure the core team are aware of the number of times the subject has been
brought up on this list :) - but I think we have to wait until they are
ready to proceed.

Cheers,

Alex.