[Fwd: Re: [ox-en] press release critique]

Stefan Meretz stefan.meretz at hbv.org
Thu May 3 11:28:48 UTC 2001

-------- Original Message --------
Betreff: Re: [ox] [ox-en] press release critique
Datum: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:13:06 +0200 (MET DST)
Von: Hans-Gert Graebe <graebe at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>

Raju Mathur wrote on Wed, 2 May 2001

   While I may also dream of a world where Free Software results in
free
   everything, I'm willing to take things one step at a time and
make
   money out of Free Software while still being a staunch advocate
of
   Freedom from IP.

Freedom and IP are categories from different worlds. In a world,
where
"information is free" (in the RMS sense) there is no intellectual
property but only intellectual authorship. Any form of control over
distribution (and this is inherently to property as category)
restricts freedom of information flow.  This is one of the main
points
in the discussion on the Oekonux list.

--
With best regards, Hans-Gert Graebe

     |  PD Dr. Hans-Gert Graebe, Inst. Informatik, Univ. Leipzig |
     |            Augustusplatz, D - 04109 Leipzig               |
     |         	     tel. : +49 - 341 - 97 32 248                |
     |         email: graebe at informatik.uni-leipzig.de           |
     |  Home Page: http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~graebe  |