Anja's most recent logo "Gnu, Europa, and map" (was: Logo again.)

Frank Heckenbach frank at g-n-u.de
Thu Mar 29 04:32:01 UTC 2001

Peter Gerwinski wrote:

> We are talking about Anja's variants of "Gnu, Europa, and map"
> on her page
>
>    http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~anja/gnu/
>
> and specifically about the most recent variant:
>
>    http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~anja/gnu/newlogo-motto.png
>
> I definitely vote for this one.

Me too, though I am wondering, if we apparently can't expect people
to know about the original meaning of the 12 stars, how we can
expect them to know about the saga and to understand the Latin
sentence -- at least I wasn't too aware of the saga before this
discussion, and though I'd studied Latin for 6 years at school,
without the translation given it would have taken me quite a while
to get the meaning of the quote...

Frank

Frank Heckenbach, frank at g-n-u.de
http://fjf.gnu.de/