Anja's most recent logo "Gnu, Europa, and map" (was: Logo again.)

Matthias Kabel matthias.kabel at tyche.de
Thu Mar 29 04:31:09 UTC 2001

* Peter Gerwinski (peter at gerwinski.de) [010328 19:00]:

--------SNIP---------

> I definitely vote for this one.

Yes, me too.

One argument more against the text-logo. If you look at older logos
from e.g. the fifties the fonts look strange to us now. Maybe the
text logo from Georg C. Greves Mom looks fine now, maybe it looks
strange in twenty years? I think Anjas logo will always look good, and
modifictions are easier than at a text logo. (GNU with eyes or without
it is every time the same logo.)

Why not making a poll about that? Perhaps for a bigger audience,
I think there are many popular free Software web-sites in every
country. Why not ask them to host the poll, so the decision is made
by the people which should regocnize the logo and like it.

Kind regards
Matthias Kabel