Logos - something entirely new

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Thu Mar 22 19:30:57 UTC 2001

Hi everyone,

I complained to my mother about our problems to find a logo. When I
visited the next day she showed me an idea she had (she happens to be
an artist - Marianne Greve for those of you into art) and I
immediately liked it. I asked here to do it in a little better quality
and since she is pretty much an analog person she did them with felt
pen on paper... so they are only logo studies/drafts and not the final
thing. But it should be good enough to give you an idea.

The logo is purely text based (which is a benefit for many reasons
like simplicity and no problem with symbolisms) and should be easy to
recognize in any size.

Okay, enough said. I scanned them in and you'll find the drafts on my
home page at

  http://www.gnu.org/people/greve/fsfe/fsfe.html

What do you think?

Regards,