Logo again.

Luca Andreucci andrew at ANDREW.ORG
Thu Mar 22 14:39:23 UTC 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Eike Lange wrote:

> > So you can also take the queston "what kind of people do we
> > want to attract", and create a Logo accordingly.
> IMHO, we do not need to differ in our logo from the FSF.
> Lets draw the Gnu with an 'typical European' Symbol, maybe

I'd go for the 12 stars and gnu inside, only I'd like to have a barely
sketched gnu image instead of the FSF one. Fits the logo purpose _much_
better IMO. I have a clear image of what I mean in my mind, too bad I
can't draw... :-)

And there should probably be some additional "font" (EUFSF?) logo for
suitable, distinct uses.

Maybe I'm a little bit on the practical side here, but the argument that
the logo should be "catchy" does not get to the point IMHO. A logo should
be communicative (hence the GNU and the stars) and keep informative in the
broadest contexts -- including engraving (looking forward to my EUFSF key
fob!), 2-color printing and such.

my $0.02 (better still: my EUR 0.0225474)

--
mail $(echo bmFxZXJqQG5hcWVyai5iZXQK | base64 -d | rot13)
http://3273647156/andrew/