Logo again.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Mar 21 09:03:52 UTC 2001

Somehow we should try to get some creative ideas in other directions
as symbolising Europe or using the GNU head.
It seems that we are stuck with this so far and it is not productive.

The stars and the head as proposed many times (also the european map)
are hard to put into a "good" logo. Anja probably already did the
best job on that that I can imagine so far.

So we need to think along different lines.
A lot of good logos also contain letters or consist of letters.
One question might be: What can we make the letters FSFE represent?

I think that the FSFE is strong enough that we can establish an
almost completly new symbol, if we decide to do so.

	Bernhard

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 09:38:41AM +0100, Josef Dalcolmo wrote:
> > > I am sorry, but why MUST the logo associate with Europe ?
>
> > It's Free Software Foundation *Europe*.
>

> I don't think the discussion about the pros and cons of a united (or not)
> Europe have much to do with the task at hand.
>
> I suggest though, instead of surrounding the Gnu's head with the stars, to
> put a small ring of stars beside it.
> The main thing is the FSF idea, secondary the fact that this is the European
> version of it.

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)