[EUFSF] Re: Logo again.

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 22:28:47 UTC 2001

Rodger Etz-Brown <rodgereb at linuxtag.org> writes:

> Anyway, everything European will meet a lot of hostility in the UK. Guess
> that's my point. Sorry for waffling on.

Greetings from a more enlightened corner of the UK.  As an inhabitant
of a region whose continued prosperity has depended on trade with
Europe since the Hansa League, I doubt many people will directly
equate everything European with a political body that divides
opinion.  If your region doesn't, shouldn't you be helping correct
that misconception rather than saying "this is how it is"?  ;-)

Anyway, my point is: the UK is not uniformly hostile to the EU and
definitely not so towards everything European.  The nuthouse reporting
of the tabloids is the only thing that is...
--
MJR