Logo considerations

Marc Eberhard m.a.eberhard at aston.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 13:32:31 UTC 2001

Hi *,

since the logo discussion comes up again, just a quick thought from me, for
a very simple one:

A small pot with a flame. Like the olympic flame. The idea is to show the
connection to ancient Greece as the origin of a free and democratic Europe
(leaving the decision open, what belongs to Europe today) on one hand and as
a symbol of freedom (like the statue of Liberty or the olympic flame) on the
other. Should be easy to scetch with just a few lines. Both black & white
and color versions should be easy to do:

       ()      ff        ff
     ((  )    f         f
    ((   )    f   fff   f   fff
    ((  )    fff f     fff f   f
    (   )     f   fff   f  fffff
     )((      f      f  f  f
    \___/     f   fff   f   fff

       freedom for software

Yes I know, that this one is not perfect, but you get the idea!

Bye,
Marc

email: marc at greenie.net
email: m.a.eberhard at aston.ac.uk, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/