FW: Ethics of Circumventing OS

Gladwell, Ricardo ricardo.gladwell at demon.net
Fri Mar 16 15:44:57 UTC 2001

Dear All,

I recently came across an article in the Internet developer publication,
Webtechniques <http://www.webtechniques.com/>. The article entitled 'Can
CORBA Sidestep Open-Source Licensing?'
<http://www.webtechniques.com/archives/2001/04/trachtman/> discusses a
method of using CORBA to circumvent the lisencing restrictions for
open-sourced code. Whilst such loop-holes in copyleft are nothing new,
advocating what amounts to the corruption of the ideals of free-software
movement for personal profit.

I sent the following email to the author of the article, and the editors of
Webtechniques. If you will note, I petitioned my own company to cancel its
subscription to this journal and I am forwarding you this email with the
suggestion that anyone reading this do the same.

Yours...

--
Ricardo Gladwell, Web Developer
Demon Internet, Westhumble House,