Conference on counterfeiting and piracy Stockholm, Sweden, 22-24 april

Josefsson Erik erjos at wmdata.com
Fri Mar 16 10:24:24 UTC 2001

Dear friends,

There is a big conference in Stockholm, Sweden, 22-24 april:

Conference on counterfeiting and piracy/Conférence sur la contrefaçon des
marques et le piratage commercial/Konferens om varumärkesförfalskning och
piratkopiering.

Please check the links:
http://195.54.143.6/eu2001/calendar/meetinginfo.asp?iCalendarID=1356
http://195.54.143.6/justice/eng/docs/piracyprogramme.pdf

Last application date 21 march!

The piracy problem in the software industry will be defined by:
Chairman: Ms Anne Rejnhold Jørgensen (Head, Legal Department, Danish Patent
Office,danish patent office)
Speakers: Mr Agne Lindberg, Counsel, Business Software Alliance(BSA) and Mr
David Finn, Attorney, Microsoft Europe
who will represent the softvare industry.

I have talked to the officicals of the conference, but they are not troubled
by the biased representation.

I think it is very important that the part of the software industry that
does NOT have a problem with "piracy" should be present at this conference
where juridical european prominence will be present (we might have a friend
in Professor Marianne Levine (civil rights, Stockholm university), who will
moderate "the Music Industry" panel).

Unfortunatelly it's too late to add a speaker to the programme, but there is
a good chance to prepare a debate. The speakers papers should be available
beforhand, and questions should be possible to prepare with the chairman
(Anne Rejnhold).