forwarding of e-mails not illegal after all... (fwd)

Alessandro Rubini rubini at gnu.org
Sat Mar 10 08:54:50 UTC 2001

>> Another part of the law (I honestly don't know if it has finally been
>> approved) would require that any software programmer should be
>> registered to their local police headquarters.

I don't think so. I heard rumors, but couldn't find it in the law. There only
is a registry for people that sells or produces audio and video
material for profit. Disclaimer: I don't have the law with me right now.

> Hm, you could use the law to show the absurdity. If ervery friend or relative
> of any hacker in Italy tries to register it would breake the system.

When there is such a registry, it is about people that produces
<thing> for profit, so your idea is not applicable. Even if it was it
wouldn't break anything. Neither politicians nor the police is
impressed if people is spending hours in queues.

/alessandro
--
Quello che scrivo rappresenta solo il mio personale punto di vista,
non rispecchia l'opinione di organizzazioni di cui faccio o ho fatto parte.