forwarding of e-mails not illegal after all... (fwd)

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Fri Mar 9 13:45:34 UTC 2001

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 02:19:36PM +0100, Paul Wouters wrote:
> The new Italian law, whereby each and every piece of soft and hardware
> used for commercial purpose (i.e. pretty much any, including public space,
> even when non-profit - ascii cafe, pay attention!) must carry a stamp of
> approval by the authorities (against copyright infringments) which is so
> complicated & expensive to obtain that only very big firms (think of one)
> can manage to do so, is another nice example. Not having the stamp on your
> stuff (and possibly next, tatooed on yr skin, when the wetware will also
> come under the purview of the protection of the biggos' 'intellectual
> property') will be a penal offense and carry punitive fines and long
> prison sentences.

I almost can't believe that software products require approval by authorities
to be put on the market. Authorities will slow down process so that
the market will be dead (or at least very montone).

I wonder wether this national law can be broken with EU.

Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/