Simple idea: 100% GNU boxes

John Tapsell tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk
Sat Jun 30 21:36:39 UTC 2001

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, you wrote:
> Around now, it should be possible to build a (couple of) 100% purely free
What do u think debian is?

> (if not 100% pure GNU)
Hmm, you'll have to use hurd then

>  boxes someplace, and use it (them) for demonstrations.

> Obviously such a machine would aim to score a perfect 100% on the GNU
> purity test. (As suggested in earlier threads). Include the GNU hurd, GNU
> libs, GNU tools. You know.... *GNU*.

Ah, I was just about to flame you hard for not saying gnu/linux, but I guess
i'll have to eat my unsaid words :)

So... um.. its just CLI?

--
"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too
young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or