Change for Caldera OpenLinux Workstation

John Tapsell tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk
Thu Jun 28 19:56:10 UTC 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Klaus Schilling wrote:
> John Tapsell writes:
>  > On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
>  > >Software only. So every package on the distribution must qualify
>  > >according to the Free Software definition of the FSF.
>  >
>  > Not to be picky or anything, but that would imply to me that it just contained
>  > the linux kernel and programs owned by the GNU...
>  >
> Why? Apache is not GNU software, but it clearly qualifies as free software
> in the sense of Stallman, just not as copyleft , nor as compatible with the
> GNU GPL.

ARGHHH!!

I am I really the only person that thinks the saying "Pure GNU/linux" seems to
imply it contains GNU programs??

Does anybody understand what I am saying!?

/me goes to the moon and back for fun

--
"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too
young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or