brainstorming: which formats to use and which to avoid

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jun 20 11:50:36 UTC 2001

 || On 20 Jun 2001 12:04:26 +0100
 || MJ Ray <markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

 mr> I seem to recall that SSH Communications threw a fit over people using
 mr> the (trademarked?) name of their product to describe compatible

I was not anymore aware of that.  The claims are ridiculous but of
course we should use the term as used in the IETF draft.

Trademarking a standard protocol name effectivly makes that standard
useless.

Ciao,

  Werner