brainstorming: which formats to use and which to avoid

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jun 11 12:55:48 UTC 2001

 || On 11 Jun 2001 14:36:53 +0200
 || David Mentre <David.Mentre at inria.fr> wrote:

 dm> I would put PDF on blacklist. As far as I know, compression scheme used
 dm> in PDF is patended. Therefore, no free software can produce PDF

Didn't know that.  My pdflatex links against libz which uses a free
compression algorithm.  I don't know whether this is compatible to the
PDF standard, but I assume it is.

Ciao,

  Werner