BerliOS <-> FSFE relations (was: questionary - who developes FS/OSS)

Joerg Schilling schilling at fokus.gmd.de
Sat Jul 28 10:31:26 UTC 2001

>From: Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>

>[ Missunderstanding one ]

>			           ^^^
>of
>ish=3D
>> >ing
Read this..... if you really like, you will find it in a library.

>Got thrown off by your typo and the rest of the paragraph (see above)
>and somehow believed that BerliOS might be seperated from GMD=20
>and had a new name.

It is funny, you seem to be able to look into the future ;-)

Yesterday - one day after yor mail - it turned out that it _really_ was a
typo from the Register court in Bonn!

>Just tried to rephrase what I have understood.
>Can you clarify the legal situation of the GMD then?=20
>I obviously did not understand it.

After correction of the typo by the register court in Bonn we currently
are "GMD Informationstechnik e.V. & Co. KG."

Unfortunately we cannot prevent the final step towards FhG in the near future.

But I see no relation between this fact and the previous discussion!

You should judge People by what they are doing and not from what organization
they are in - espacially when people are being forced to be in a specific
organisation le we will be.

	So please judge BerliOS from what we are doing!

Mr. Gorbatschow was a member of the commist party but is reponsible for
freeing Russia.

On the other side, when I look at this discussion, there are people who
may be members of FSFE but do things that harm the free-software/open-source
movement.

I hope we can have an unbiased and open discussion in the future....

Jörg

       js at cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       schilling at fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling