membership

Josef Dalcolmo dalcolmo at vh-s.de
Fri Jul 27 10:30:54 UTC 2001

bernhard at intevation.de said:
> This is news to me.  AFAIK only the necessary number of people is
> actually a member of the FSF.

Ok, I may mix up terms here. I myself used to be a "member" of the FSF in the
USA while I was there. This meant I was on the mailing list and paid the
membership fee for a year (some years ago). I did not contribute in any other
way. If my memory serves me right, there was an election of some sort
announced on the mailing list (treasurer?), but I did not participate
actively, since I did not know enough about the people involved to make an
educated decision. Still, I believe I could have called myself a "member" of
the FSF at that time.

- Josef