New associate organization of the FSF Europe in Austria

Matthias Kabel matthias.kabel at tyche.de
Wed Jul 25 19:33:23 UTC 2001

* Jerome Dominguez (taz at gnu.org) [010725 20:24]:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 07:24:09PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 06:59:16PM +0200, Jerome Dominguez wrote:
> > > You should create as soon as possible the list fsfe-austria to spread
> > > FS and FSFE in Austria.
> >
> > No.
> >
> > Let's see how much the German speaking mailinglist fsfe-de can handle first.
> > Traffic for all FSFE parts were German ("de" for "Deutsch") is spoken
> > is welcome.  (As you will have seen in the description of the lists topic.)
>
> Description of the list topic :
> 	Open Discussions about FSFE, Free Software in German
>
> You're right : it's German (language) and not Germany (country).
>
> But, for others lists (fsfe-france, fsfe-portugal and fsfe-uk), the
> description indicate open discussions in the country. Seems to
> be logical when we read the FSFE organization with _one_ chapter
> by country.

In the moment there are more common problems than different ones, so we
think that one german speking list is ok. Austria and Germany had 1000 ears
common history, so legal purposes are very similiar, the education system
too. Perhaps we will have an own list in Austria, but I think there would
not so much traffic on it. And, the most problems and thoughts would be
interesting for the german list and vice versa.

Matthias

Karl Kraus, one of the famoust german speaking writers (from Austria) said
Austrians an Germans are the same people divided by the common language.