Usability

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 23 08:49:11 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 02:49:08AM +0100, Alistair Davidson wrote:
> We need tests of more Gnome features, and of KDE and
> GNUStep features (perhaps GNUStep less so, because its interface aims at
> replicating NeXT's). We also need tests of new, experimental features.
>
> Would it be feasible for the FSFE to run these sorts of tests?

> I guess it boils down to: could we afford it, and how would
> it be to finding a person to help us?

From my perspective we do not have the ressources yet to run
or buy usability tests.

Other goals have a higher priority:

	- There are Free software areas were no applications
	exist at all. These gaps are hurting.

	- Free Software is getting popular, we really have a hard
	time to keep up with explaining it (to politician e.g.).

	- There are great dangers to the current Free Software
	developments which have to be fought on a political playground.

Bernhard