New associate organization of the FSF Europe in Austria

Olivier Berger oberger at april.org
Sun Jul 22 16:47:47 UTC 2001

Olivier Berger a écrit :

> "Georg C. F. Greve" a écrit :
> >
> > You can find the home page of the "Verein zur Förderung Freier
> > Software" (FFS) at http://www.fsf.or.at.
> >

> Great that we have another associate organization to the FSFE.
>
> I'm a bit concerned by the naming confusions that may arise between FSF
> and FFS...
>
> I suppose this was not intended...  hope that people won't get confused
> too much by this.

Hmmmm... considering (some seconds later ;) the URL of the site, I feel
a bit puzzled by the fsf.or.at domain, whichs seems to indicate that we
speak about FSF, not FFS...

Can some one explain why the FFS organisation has a FSF domain ? ...
won't there be any confusion ?

Or maybe FFS is more than an associate organisation, but instead the
local Chapter itself ? Or they run the soon-to-come chapter's web site ?
... so why not austria.fsfeurope.org directly ?

Not such a big deal anyway, as long as FS spreads in autria too.

--
Olivier BERGER - Secrétaire de l'association APRIL
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)