FW: i18n

Jeff Davies jeff at llandre.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jul 21 18:48:18 UTC 2001

On Friday 20 July 2001 15:12, MJ Ray wrote:
> Wolfgang <wolfgang at pro-linux.de> writes:
> > Is there any Free Software program which is capable of decompressing
> > Zip-archives? In Debian, "unzip" is non non-free/
>
> > I would suggest not to send zipfiles to this mailing list.
Why not - the zip files, you will find are extremely small. Smaller than a
lot of "replied to " text that many folks fail to crop from their messages.
I could understand it if the file was 3 meg in size.

> I'd suggest not sending any attachments, but uploading them somewhere
> and sending the URL.  Also, especially not sending attachments in what
> looks like an MS-buggered variation.
I don't think MS had anything to do with the zip file whatsoever, so how can
you call it MS-buggered. (ie what do you base this comment on? how does it
'look' in this way?).

Jeff Davies