Linux Expo Birmingham

John Peter Tapsell tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Jul 20 09:37:53 UTC 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Marc Eberhard wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> the FSF and the FSFE have asked me to coordinate the FSF and the FSFE booths
> at the Birmingham Linux Expo (www.linuxexpobirmingham.com) on the 12th and
> 13th of September this year.

I can most likely help out, but let me check dates etc, and give a confirmation
probably by tommorow.

I can possibly bring my debian system down.... the only question is how to get
it there ;)

Btw, It would be nice to have some of the FSFE t-shirts available.. ;)

Contact me and we talk further..

> Since it would look rather funny, if I would be the only one out there, I'm
> trying now to find more people willing to help. There are a couple of
> things, you could help me with:
>
> - Staffing the FSF and FSFE booths: If you could spare some time, please
>   contact me.
>
> - Demonstrating free software: If you have any kind of computer running
>   free software and you could bring it to the Expo to show it to visitors,
>   please let me know.
>
> - If you know the NEC or have experience in organizing a trade show and have
>   some time to provide me with advice by email, please don't hesitate to
>   reply. Offers for legal advice are also very welcome!
>
> You can always find the current state of the two booths at:
>
>   http://savannah.gnu.org/pm/task.php?func=detailtask&project_task_id=236&group_id=53&group_project_id=73
>
> I'll add more information there, as things progress.
>
> Hope to hear from some of you soon!!! Let's make the Birmingham Expo a
> success for Free Software!
>
> Bye,
> Marc
>
> email: marc at greenie.net
> email: m.a.eberhard at aston.ac.uk, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too
young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or
15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you when
they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'" --Mike Godwin