Linux Expo Birmingham

Marc Eberhard m.a.eberhard at aston.ac.uk
Fri Jul 20 08:26:19 UTC 2001

Hi *,

the FSF and the FSFE have asked me to coordinate the FSF and the FSFE booths
at the Birmingham Linux Expo (www.linuxexpobirmingham.com) on the 12th and
13th of September this year.

Since it would look rather funny, if I would be the only one out there, I'm
trying now to find more people willing to help. There are a couple of
things, you could help me with:

- Staffing the FSF and FSFE booths: If you could spare some time, please
  contact me.

- Demonstrating free software: If you have any kind of computer running
  free software and you could bring it to the Expo to show it to visitors,
  please let me know.

- If you know the NEC or have experience in organizing a trade show and have
  some time to provide me with advice by email, please don't hesitate to
  reply. Offers for legal advice are also very welcome!

You can always find the current state of the two booths at:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/pm/task.php?func=detailtask&project_task_id=236&group_id=53&group_project_id=73

I'll add more information there, as things progress.

Hope to hear from some of you soon!!! Let's make the Birmingham Expo a
success for Free Software!

Bye,
Marc

email: marc at greenie.net